Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wiki

Was reading up some things on the wiki stuff, and from what I read, the wiki needs an sql database to work, as well as apache. I think these should be on the server in our group somewhere, but I am quite sure I dont have the permission to work on that right now. Kindly enlighten me if I am wrong about this. But if I am right, then I will need to be given a user right on the right machine so that I can connect through ssh and do what needs to be done, and also whoever is in charge would need to create a new user on the MySql database, assign necessary privileges and give me the username and password. If these are not possible, he could as well install the wiki and give me editing rights so that I can go on with managing the system.

1 comment:

DS said...

Martti wrote that one wiki-system called dokuwiki, http://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki is already installed on Tampere servers. I think we can use it. Jouni Väliaho may be responsible for it (i.e., administrate it, can create new accounts, etc.) - please ask him. In any case, my point is that you'll be responsible for the wiki-content related to the CADB database (i.e., 1) wiki-pages about database itself like 'Databases description', 'How to use', ... and 2) generated wiki-pages for each CA-sequence). As soon as you get your permissions for the dokuwiki, please create initial versions of pages describing the database: 'About database', 'Schedule', 'How to work with database', 'Database schema', 'People involved', 'Related publications', 'Design&implementation information', etc.